CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Journal: I Love Saturdays y Domingos--By: Alma Flor Ada


I love how affectionate and revealing this story is about a bilingual girl that visits both sets of grandparents. This story does a great job of showing how families are very diverse nowadays. We live in a multicultural society. I felt this book did a great job of showing how the girl was lucky to have both sets of grandparents from different backgrounds and how it wasn't a big problem either.


I thought that this story did a great job of incorporating Spanish vocabulary so that readers could explore the meanings of spanish words in context. I feel that even though the little girl uses Spanish words and phrases in describing her Sundays with her Mexican American grandparents, for the most part the meanings are explained or can be inferred from the context. This book can be an opener to introducing Spanish vocabulary at a younger age.

0 comments: